skip navigation

COVID-19 Virus Update 5/7/20

By BYBL, 05/07/20, 3:45PM CDT

Share

Good Afternoon BYBL Families,

I am reaching out to you all today to let you know that the board and I have been discussing the future of this season. While we got the message from our Governor yesterday, we are still hopeful to salvage this season. Some of our neighboring communities, along with some of our other BAC groups have shut down completely. We aren’t ready to give up just yet.

What we know:

• We know that we can possibly still salvage a season if given 4-5 weeks. It could be sometime in July. It is very hard to speculate though so please don’t hold us to that being the start date.

• We are making sure the fields are being prepared, and in some cases, fixed during this downtime so they will be ready to go!

• We know that we will most likely have a set of adjusted rules for the players and the spectators. We will also take the proper measures to ensure that we have sanitizer for all of the equipment to allow us to spray down benches, baseballs, catchers gear, etc.

• We will most likely not be having a concession stand.

• We will be waiting for more “guidance” from our Governor for when Phase 3 will begin.

• We also have to wait for our Park District to give us the green light to use their facilities.


We would love to give people dates and timelines but that would be unfair to speculate any of it.

I just want all of you to know that the Board and I are discussing this situation on a daily basis to come up with the best solution for everyone.

Stay tuned...and STAY SAFE!

BYBL