The Bolingbrook Park District has issued the following guidelines for athletic field usage during “Phase 4” of the Restore Illinois Plan. In Phase IV, youth and recreational sports activities include drills, practices, lessons, and competitive gameplay. Please provide the Bolingbrook Park District with league schedules prior to scheduling of games.
- Be vigilant in preventing the spread of the virus by practicing good hygiene, as recommended by the IDPH and CDC. Wash hands before arrival and bring and use own hand sanitizer.
- Ensure no one participates if they are experiencing any COVID symptoms or exposure risks
- Organization must inform the Bolingbrook Park District if anyone in group on park district property tests positive for COVID-19.
- Team/group sizes should be limited to 50 participants including players, coaches, and spectators. 30-ft of distancing must be maintained between groups/opposing teams.
- Teams/groups should be static, with no mixing of coaches or participants between groups
- If social distancing cannot be maintained during game play, all group participants should still maintain 6’ of distancing while on the sidelines/not directly involved in game.
- Minimize sharing of high-touch equipment between non-household individuals.
- Sanitize shared equipment prior to usage and during use (e.g., between drills/innings/etc.) and encourage frequent hand sanitizing.
- Encourage players to utilize areas that are out of play to store personal items. Continue to store items 6’ from other teammates to limit overcrowding in dugouts.
- When possible, have teams utilize own equipment during competition (i.e-baseball team in field on defense uses own baseballs, opposition uses their own baseballs when in field)
- We encourage staggered activity start and end times to minimize contact between teams or groups.
- No team/group meetings and no “high fives”, fist bumps, or handshakes.
- Suspend any form of group snacks (no seeds, no gum chewing, no spitting).
- Participants should bring their own source of water and refrain from communal hydration
- No public drinking fountains available.
- Encourage participants to take trash out of the park with them.
- Encourage spectators to bring and utilize their own seating/chair.
- Availability of bleacher seating may be reduced and still requires 6’ social distancing.
- Vacate the field, dugouts and seating area immediately postgame to allow for disinfecting
On behalf of my organization, I have read, understand, and agree to have my organization and its participants and spectators comply with the regulations in this addendum. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in having field permit revoked for the duration of the season without refund. We are working through this together and appreciate your assistance so that everyone can stay safe and have fun.
Superintendent of Recreation